THE SCIENTIFIC WORK OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HEAT ENERGY
INSTALLATION OF HEAT AND NUCLEAR POWER STATION
The research directions of the department
- The department has a developed research part, where with the participation of the teaching staff, scientists and students a large amount of research and designing works are performing in the such fields: supplying of a high concentrated coal dust in power boilers; high efficiency low-emission burners for combustion of a highly concentrated coal dust; new technologies and burners for high effective burning of gaseous fuels with reduced emissions of toxic nitrogen oxides for boilers, furnaces, combustion chambers for high temperature gas turbines, air heater; the technology and burners for combustion of secondary energy resources of vegetable origin; evaluation of the residual operating life and the life extension of steam turbines with capacity of 200 - 800 MW,which have fulfilled the operating life; the diagnostic of high temperature elements of steam turbines; the analysis of stress-strain state of high power steam turbines.
The new kinds of research in the field of extension of the power equipment lifetime
of heat and atomic power stations
- The development, research and incorporation into the service the delivery system of a high concentrated coal dust in power boilers;
- The development of high effective low-emission burners for combustion of a high concentrated coal dust;
- The development of new technologies and burners for high effective low-toxic combustion of gas fuels in boilers, furnaces, combustion chambers of high temperature gas turbines, air heaters and so on;
- The development of the new technology and burners for combustion of secondary energy resources of vegetable origin;
- The evaluation of the residual operating life and life extension of steam turbine with capacity of 200 - 800 MW, which have fulfilled the operating life;
- The diagnostics of high temperature elements of steam turbines, the analysis of stress-strain state of high power steam turbines;
The complex of the evaluation of the power equipment lifetime allows:
The most important developments of the department
- to take into account the static defect on the basis of experimental researches of metal and the defectiveness of steam power rotors from the torsional vibration ;
- to extend the life time up to 350 thousand hours;
- to receive the proximate annual economic effect of 7230 thousands UAH per one unit of 200 MW thermal power installation and 3540 thousands UAH per one unit of 1000 MW nuclear power installation;
- to take into account the influence of defects and repair changing of the power equipment during the exploitation;
- to forecast the lifetime cycle of elements of high and middle pressure cylinders of steam turbines with capacity of 200 - 800
The information about the staff of the department
- The systems of supplying of a high concentrated coal dust in energetic boilers and means of automation of the supplying system are fulfilled;
- The new type of highly effective low-toxic burners for combustion of a high concentrated coal dust is proposed;
- The low-toxic burners of stream-stabilizer type for energetic and industrial boilers, blast furnaces, air heaters are developed and putting into the practice in many branches of industry;
- The low-toxic combustion chamber with elements from construction ceramic for high temperature gas turbines of a new type are developed;
- A burner for combustion of secondary resources of vegetable origin by the "running" fluidized layer are developed;
- The evaluation of residual life and the life extension of steam turbine of 200 - 800 MW, which worked out their park resources, are developed;
- The concept of the automated systems of technical diagnostics of thermal and nuclear power plants is developed;
- The means of extending the life of the high temperature components of steam turbines with capacity of 200 - 800 MW, which worked out their park resource, are proposed
Prof. of the department, doctor Kesova L.A. received the award - the winner of the State prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology for the work "The improving of the reliability, flexibility and efficiency of energy units with oil-gas and coal-fired boilers and heat supply systems" on 16.05.2013. Participants of the State prizeare the Lviv Polytechnica, the NTUU "KPI", the Institute of Gas of NASU, the LvivORGRES, the Ladyzhinskaya station.
The teaching staff of the department regularly takes part in training and professional improving in the Ministry of Energy divisions, in design and research institutes and energy companies.
A list of some of the objects of the training:
- The Kiev heat energy stations (TES-5, TES-6), the energetic company AEK "Kuivenergo ", the EC "Darteploenergothentral";
- The Tripoli Power Station of the company "Centrenergo";
- The research institutes of NASU: the Institute of Coal Energy, the Institute of Gas, the Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, the Institute of modeling of problems in the energy;
- The design organizations: "Energoprojekt ", "Ukrenergoprom 2, 3", and so on.
All of the modern designs, the latest technology and design decisions are reflected in the programs of academic disciplines of teachers of the department in course, degree and master's student`s majoring in projects.
Employees of the department regularly take part in exhibitions
in Ukraine and other countries, for exsample :
The XI International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine:the present and the future". Kiev. - 24 - 26 September 2013.
The VI International specialized exhibition "Energy-effectiveness. Renewable Energy - 2013 ".
The student’s scientific work of the department
On the department it is work a student`s scientific circle "The latest modern technology in the thermal power." Each year, students, undergraduates and graduate students of the department take part in the international scientific-technical conference of the heat power faculty "Modern problems of scientific support of energetics", and "Problems and ways of improving of the coal power energy".
Materials of conferences are publishing in the scientific works of heat power faculty "Problems of the Industrial Heat Engineering ". Students, undergraduates and graduate students of the department take part in the National Competition "Youth – to the Power of Ukraine", and receive a number of awards.
The subjects of scientificworks of students and undergraduates works are the component of research works, which are carried out in the department and has the real character.