1. In 2013 was signed the Agreement on cooperation between the department of CITNPP from Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute and the University of Hesse-Friedberg (Hesse, Germany), andwas determined the theme for the research work “Optimization of heat networks”.
2. Was signed a Memorandum of Understanding with representatives of the People’s Republic of China through NP “Kyivska Politechnika” concerning the participation of the department of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in the development of technical documentation for the PPU “Norms and Rules for Designing a Steam Generating Installation”. “Instruction on the Operation of the Steam Generating Installation” and the provision of technical advice and technical adaptation services for the needs of the Chinese Nuclear Energy Institute (NPIC) (Chengdu). At the invitation of the Chinese side to hold consultations on the organization of scientific cooperation in the field of energy, in November, 2015 in the People’s Republic of China, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor О. Chernousenko( Head of the department of CITNPP from Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute)was headed the Ukrainian delegation.
3. Was signeda Memorandum of Cooperation with representatives of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the participation of thedepartment of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in the works on modernization of Kazakhstan’s power and industrial equipment in order to increase its efficiency and reliability.
4. Was established an informal association of educational research areas in the structure of: Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, NSC JNCT (Ukraine, Kyiv), on the one hand, and Silesia Polytechnic (Poland, Katowice), Giprocoks-Europe (Poland) and Zarman (Poland), on the other hand. The association works under the scheme of cooperation: fundamental research – innovative projects – production.
Under scientific guidance of specialists of the department of CITNPPof National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” in Silesian Polytechnic with the participation of Giprocoks-Europe company in Poland, is being createda semi-industrial booth for the study of technologies for combustion of various types of fuels at the enterprises of Zarman.
5. There is a permanent scientific contact between thedepartment of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Instituteandthe department ofBoiler Industry of Shandong University (PRC) and the technology company BEST (PRC) under the leadership of the Ukrainian-Chinese center for the introduction of new technologies.
6. Were held conversation between the department ofCITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, NWC JNCT (Ukraine, Kyiv) and the world-renowned manufacturer of industrial equipment – the group of companies «HAAS» (Austria). It have been negotiated with the aim of introducing a gas-fired jet niche technology at the enterprises of the companies “HAAS” (Austria).
7. It is planned to carry out energy audit of energy equipment at the enterprises of Copenhagen (Denmark) with the participation of the specialists of the CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute.
8. Work is under way to establish scientific and production contacts for the purpose of implementation of energy saving technologies between the department of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, and the Ministry of Energy of Kazakhstan and the National Innovation Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
9. Staff of the department of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institutetook part in negotiations with the delegation of the Technisce Hochscule University of Applied Sciences (Germany), which signed a protocol on cooperation between National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”and the Technisce Hochscule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences (Germany).
10. An employee of the department of CITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute assistant professor, Ph.D. M. Abdulin was abroad to conduct negotiations and carry out scientific research (Poland, Belorussia).
11. In the foreign universities there are students of the departmentof CITNPPc in order to improve the skills of students. They are:
M. Melnikov, master of group TC-41m – internship at the High School of Città (Germany).
V. Gusakovsky, master of group TC-41m – training at the Warsaw University of Technology.
Power Engineering fromIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute to China
This article is a small generalization after three-year trips to China by the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute specialists for combustion of fuel in fire engineering facilities of power engineering, metallurgy, and others. It should be noted that the Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic InstituteScientific School in the field of combustion (initiated by Professors TEF V. Khristich and G. Lyubchik) is one of the best in Europe. On the basis of the research, a unique universal high-performance jet-niche combustion technology (JNCT), which is used in fire-technology objects: steam and water-heating boilers, ovens and driers of various purposes, combustion chambers, etc., has more than a thousand objects. The technology is protected by ten patents, including Eurasian. It is precisely because of this technology that the complete modernization of OJSC “Zaporizhstal” (open-hearth furnaces, mixers, drying stations of steel ladle bins, sinter plant), Odessa TPP, Pobuzhsky Ferronickel Plant, Crimean Titan, etc. has been completed. The SST also provides economic, ecological safety and reliability of the municipal power engineering of entire cities, in particular Zhytomyr, Lugansk, Alchevsk, Gorlovka, and others.
Chinese metallurgists are very interested in the practical results of the use of SST in industry, and especially – the environmental performance provided by this technology. This interest is due to the difficult environmental situation in the industrially developed provinces, which is due not only to the rapid development of industry, but also to the prevailing share in China’s energy balance of coal (about 70%). There was a great hope there with the so-called water-cooled fuel (about 40% water is added to the fine coal powder). However, experimental exploitation at several CHPPs showed the economic ineffectiveness of such a project, and it was curtailed after 2003. Interestingly, Ukraine still advocates this Chinese experience and does not abandon attempts to implement it in the energy sector.
An alternative to coal fuels in the PRC was found in the form of more environmentally friendly – gaseous. Since natural gas in China is not enough, there are ongoing work on producing combustible gas from various raw materials (coal, wood, biomass, etc.). Wherever we were, everywhere worked various installations for gas. This gas is heated by the premises, used for electricity generation, and others like that. To produce gas grow fast-growing plants. The huge areas occupied by such landings, we watched for tens of kilometers along the roads.
By the way, both water-coal technology and gasification of the Chinese “have seen” in the works of Soviet scientists, and, which is typical for them, having tested, chose the option best in terms of efficiency, environmental safety and reliability of work, that is the best for the country, and not for the enrichment of the group “Interested” State officials stand in the interests of the state, they say: do what you want, earn, be millionaires, but do not harm our state. When appointing an official even the lowest level, he tells in detail about the consequences of unlawful actions, and then allow them to talk with prisoners who violated the law. Such control and rigid measures by the state correspond to the state sentiments of the multimillion people and lead to spectacular results. The country outstripped everyone in terms of GDP. Chinese people can be found in any city in the world and in all universities. They intensively collect knowledge and skills and do not hesitate to neglect intellectual rights. The low level of corruption creates a favorable investment climate, and the scientific and technical staff and investors from all over the world go here.
It is very interesting to watch how the Chinese work. At one of the metallurgical plants we stayed for three days. The plant has been operating for many years, in size, as “Zaporizhstal”. So, these days the area of development of various technical and administrative buildings increased in the eyes (for many tens of meters in diameter). Moreover, the Chinese worked without a fuss, clearly adhering to the time of dinner and the end of work. The impression is that to work for them in joy. When we approached the workers, they certainly welcomed us, smiled and showed what they were doing.
Before the Chinese are facing big challenges, one of the most acute – is environmental. They are looking for a solution to this problem, inextricably linked with the optimization of energy balance. Power companies around the world are curious to see how the PRC solves a set of problems. After seeing in the Middle East, you understand that it is up to them, because for the Chinese people, statehood is above all.
M. Abdulin, assistant professor of the department ofCITNPPIgor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute